Wednesday 10 October 2012

Red Velvet Wonder



Have you heard the buzz about Red Velvet Cake?  I may be a bit behind the times and the craze may have passed, but not in my family!  We just celebrated Blossoms first birthday and because I was going for a Pinkalicious theme I knew I had to try out this luscious looking, and by all accounts, delicious cake.  So thanks to this site I found this gorgeous recipe and voila! the perfect first birthday cake.  Not one person partaking in this sweet treat was left wanting.  It is everything, and more, than you would expect.

I used Queens pillar box red colouring for the colour; white ganache for the crumb coat and icing between the layers and basic butter icing for the piping.  I took inspiration from Jamielyn at iheartnaptime for the design of the cake and I'm so glad I did.  It was a real hit.

The next time I make this I will definitely give the cream cheese icing a go.  I hope I've inspired you to give this cake a go.  It was a no-mess, no-fuss, no-flop winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment