Tuesday 9 April 2013

Cathy Zielske's Clean and Simple: The Workshop (Week one)

Hi all, guess what?  I have decided to jump on board the digital scrapbooking bandwagon!  I have joined many others over at Big Picture Classes found here and signed up for the awesome Cathy Zielske's 'Clean & Simple: The Workshop' class.  You still have time to join up, just click on this link and you will be away laughing just like me!

I am the last person who would've thought that I could do digital scrapping.  I can find my way around a computer but it takes me hours, and I was really nervous about signing up but I want to move with the times and thought, well I may as well jump in while the water is warm so to speak!  I always have more ideas than I have the knowledge to put them into action.  I always have more to say than I have the room to write.  I hanker after a way to journal anything and everything but still present it in an artful and beautiful way.  I think that I may have cottoned on to something with digital scrapbooking.  I signed up for a free 30 day trial of Photoshop Element 10 a while ago (when I was doing the 31 things class with Ali Edwards - blog button is on my sidebar) and spent the better part of those 30 days frustrated for trying to teach myself!  When the opportunity arose to learn it in a class with others like me - terrified but excited at the possibilities too - I jumped!  Of course technology moves fast so Adobe has Photoshop Elements 11 available now so that is what I have bought and am using (in case you wondered).  Seriously, this is such a cool, encouraging and inspiring way to learn something new.  I can't say it enough... have a go, sign up, jump in and swim along with me.

Here is my first page...



 
Its a start aye?  I'm more than a little stoked that I managed to pull it off!  Cathy Zielske is a great teacher and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her class to any newbie like me.  I haven't quite figured out my camera yet either so if you can't read my journaling here it is...

I am a child of God, & although I am often unsure of myself I am secure in who I am in Christ. | I am a wife & mother, daughter & sister, aunty & friend. | I had a childhood dream of living on a dairy farm - & it came true! | I am a dedicated, devoted & loyal friend. | I am demonstrative, compassionate & exuberant (read: loud)! | I am a perfectionist.  When I set my mind on something I will do it to the best of my ability. | I am secretly ambitious & competitive. | I am an organiser & list maker to the core. | I am a dreamer. | I am a writer & have been from the moment I first picked up a pen. | I am sentimental. | I always wanted to be a primary school art teacher. | I am a facepainter. | I am a chidrens party planner. | I am an actress, interior designer, singer, doctor, beautician, & hairdresser (all in my dreams).  | I am a runner since a week ago!

I hope you like my page, and that you're inspired to give digital scrapping a go.

Love,
Steph

1 comment:

  1. Well done you! I love Cathy's style. Great to see you trying something new. Always a challenge to tell our own stories. These are sometimes the most important ones to pass on

    ReplyDelete